- This film is full of some great performances from the likes of Margot Robbie, Allison Janney, Sebastian Stan & Paul Walter Hauser. Robbie & Janney are the huge standouts here & by standout I really mean they both bring some big standout characters to life. Tonya Harding is a much hated person by some & Margot Robbie was given the task of making you see her side and feel for her and boy does Robbie succeed. Robbie brings the good and the bad of Harding to perfection. You also can’t go without mentioning the mother from hell performance by Allison Janney, who will go down as one of the worst moms cinema has ever seen. At the end of the day both Robbie & Janney’s performances are flat out unforgettable.
- Some solid direction by Craig Gillespie. Gillespie shoots the skating scenes pretty nicely. He as well adds some really environment building tracking shots.
- Would also like to give the costume designer, Jennifer Johnson, much props for replicating all the wardrobes of these interesting characters.
- The film can’t decide it’s tone, one second it’s energetic & full of comedy then the next its hitting a deep emotional moment.
- Some of the CGI work during the skating scenes is a little shaky.