- A fantastic performance by Hong Chau. Chau delivers a solid Vietnamese accent as this multilayered character. Chau should definitely be considered for a supporting actress nomination.
- Good performances by Matt Damon & Christoph Waltz.
- A very pretentious screenplay by Alexander Payne & Jim Taylor. Both Payne & Taylor attempt to give some social commentary in the film and it falls very flat.
- Some very disappointing direction by Alexander Payne. Payne has shown to be a great director with works like, “Sideways” & “The Descendants”, but he falls very hard here.
- Multiple jokes that don’t land at all & are seen a mile away.