- Great performances by Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis & Kelly Marie Tran. Hamill is fantastic here, giving easily his best performance as Luke Skywalker & really the best performance of his career. I also give high praise to Adam Driver’s performance. Driver gives a very conflicted performance, while also being very captivating making you engaged to him throughout the film.
- This movie is very ballsy & I love that it is. The film is very windy and takes so many twists and turns that take you on a fantastic ride. I applaud Rian Johnson’s screenplay for being so different, while also keeping that star wars feel.
- This film is gorgeous, making it easily the most beautifully shot star wars film to date. Much props to Rian Johnson’s direction and the cinematography by Steve Yedlin.
- An Oscar level score by John Williams. As he always does Williams delivers wholeheartedly, bringing a very magical & menacing feel to the film at points.
- Oscar level production design by Rick Heinrichs. Multiple stunning sets throughout the film.
- There is a 20 minute section, involving Finn’s story, of the film that should be completely cut.
- Multiple underdeveloped characters.