- Oscar level performances by Saoirse Ronan & Laurie Metcalf. They both give such real performances & feel so much like a real mother & daughter.
- Good performances by Lucas Hedges, Beanie Feldstein, Tracy Letts & Timothée Chalamet.
- A great directorial debut by Greta Gerwig. Gerwig gives the film a great genuine & heartfelt feel throughout.
- Oscar level screenplay by Greta Gerwig. This film feels so real and never for once does it feel like a fluffy feel good movie.
- There’s a particular supporting character that is given some light & an interesting story that you think is going to be told more, but they never come back to it and at the end it seems pretty pointless to have been told at all.