- Great performances by Oscar Isaac & Noah Jupe. Isaac truly steals every scene he’s in, but sadly couldn’t save the film.
- Fine performances by Matt Damon & Julianne Moore.
- This film is a tonal DISASTER! Its all over the place & can’t decide whether or not to be a crime thriller or a civil rights/social commentary film. Then it decides to be attempt both and balances it terribly.
- Very weak direction by George Clooney. Clooney once again attempts comedy & once again falls flat out on his face.
- The writing in the film is alright. Its disappointing that the Coen Brothers didn’t direct this (they wrote the film, along with George Clooney & Grant Heslov). I feel their direction could have possibly saved this film, after some rewriting.