- A very good performance by Andrew Garfield. Garfield gives the character of Robin Cavendish a lot of charm and heart. As well as holding the entire film on his shoulders.
- At points Andy Serkis does a very nice job directing the film, while there are other times where he loses a beat. But at the end of the day its an alright directorial debut for himself.
- Very plush and beautiful cinematography by Robert Richardson.
- First 10-15 minutes get a little scattered and choppy.
- Some corny dialogue at points.
- The film deals with true story movie clichés.
- Some cuttable scenes as well.